I do believe that goals are dreams with a deadline. After seeing my 2021 plans go all over the place because they were not specific and focused enough, I set out to have precise goals for 2022. Did they come true?
How did I write down my goals?
Plain and simple. In December 2021 I wrote an email to myself outlining all the goals for 2022. These were the things that a) I truly cared about b) could be put into numbers. Many things, such as the quality of your relationships or your mental health cannot be put into numbers. Hence, only a certain type of stuff got included as my goals.
What goals did I choose?
I am not going to give you specific numbers because, hey, with all due respect I am not a Kim Kardashian to share every little detail of my life, but I am going to tell you the categories and in what percentage I have or have not met them.
- Company monthly revenues.
- Travel — % of time to be spent outside my home country, Poland.
- Monthly savings.
- Number of life priorities (activities to pursue).
- Average daily sleep time.
I would be very interested to hear what would be your guess on which goals I did fulfil and which I did not, and by what percentage. On purpose, I am putting the results below the picture, so that if someone wants they can have a guess without a spoiler.
What were my results?
- Company monthly revenues — overshot, goal met 150% on average. In 2021, when I was setting the goal, I was largely on my own. Now it is a team effort. Dream team effort. So grateful.
- Travel: % of time to be spent outside my home country, Poland — overshot, goal met 200%. True life-changer. Thank you all the people I met this year who made all these travels such a blast.
- Monthly savings — undershot, goal met 80%. I changed my company model so my income has changed, but I do not mean it as an excuse. I just decided that goal 2 is relatively more…